If left untreated, gum disease can be unpleasant, painful and dangerous to your oral health. There are in-office and at-home remedies for all stages of gum disease (gingivitis or periodontitis), which help save the gums and teeth.
If you are treating your illness at home, we have a few recommended items to use, and some in-office treatments that we recommend you arrange with Dr. Senft at the South Florida Sedation Dentistry.
There are several diy ways to treat gingivitis and periodontitis. Keep in mind that if your symptoms are serious we advise you to make an urgent appointment with a doctor.
- Avoidance: brush, floss, mouthwash, regular dental visits, avoid sugar, smoking and chewing tobacco
- Salt water treatment: the body heals itself with the help of salt, which is a natural disinfectant
- Mouthwashes: lemongrass oil, aloe vera, tea tree oil, sage, guava leaf
- Coconut oil pulling: coconut oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Arimedadi oil pulling: this oil has been shown to improve gum disease symptoms and inhibit plaque growth
Before putting together any type of solution or mouthwash, be sure to research the ingredients to ensure there are no allergies and that you have diluted the oil enough to reduce potency.
Laser gum surgery is one effective in-Office procedure. New technology has now allowed dental professionals to deliver a minimally invasive, low-risk procedure that needs no sutures or incisions.
Laser gum surgery uses state-of – the-art laser technology to clean and transfer the gums to the right place. The surgery is almost pain-free, completely safe, successful and after care patients enjoy recovery times faster.
Contact Us Today
Studies show a connection between gum disease and other conditions such as diabetes, pancreatic, cancer of the neck and head, stroke, heart disease and babies with low birth weight, and preterm labor. If you suffer from this disease and want a minimally invasive, painless way to treat it, contact us today.
For more information on this and the other dental services that we offer at South Florida Sedation Dentistry, contact our West Palm Beach, Florida offices to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Mitchel Senft