How To Determine If You Are A Good Candidate for a Gum Grafting?
If you are suffering from gum recession, then it’s very important that you seek treatment sooner rather than later because receding gums are a major warning sign that you may be suffering from gum disease. Also, it’s important to be sure that you are maintaining your oral health because of the fact that is directly related to your overall health. Gum grafting is one of the most prominent forms of treatment when it comes to reversing the effects of gum recession.
What Is Gum Grafting?
The gum grafting process involves extracting sample tissue from one part of your mouth and then grafting it onto an area of your mouth that needs some repair due to receding gums. This process allows exposed tooth enamel or roots to be covered with healthy tissue protecting the area and restoring it to a healthy level. Below are further details about the gum grafting process:
- It is performed in-office in several hours or less under a local anesthetic.
- Some soreness can be expected after the procedure.
- Post-operative pain can usually be managed with over-the-counter medication.
- The area that is grafted will be fully healed in 2 to 4 weeks.
- The procedure has realized a high success rate among patients.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are experiencing gum recession then it’s very important that you seek treatment from a dental professional such as our periodontist who can provide you with gum grafting treatment. Your oral health is connected to your overall health, don’t hesitate to make your appointment.